It is true an orgasms a day (or more) keeps the doctor away. Yes it is true. ORGASMS are the greatest resource for health and well-being for the duration of our life span. No reason to stop have orgasms at any age especially when you consider that you can orgasm alone or with a partner. The only requirement for orgasms is total surrender to the moment and to the pleasure of being alive.
Why an orgasm can feel so good!
One of the main reason orgasms feel so good, is that your brain releases the pleasure hormone Oxytocin when you climax. Oxytocin is also called the “love hormone” because of its important role in facilitating social bonding between humans.
In sexologist Beverly Whipple’s book, “The Orgasms Answer Guide,” she cites a study done by Carol Rinkleib Ellison in 2000, in which Ellison interviewed 2,632 women between the ages of 23 and 90 and found that 39 percent of those who masturbate reported that they do it order to relax. Whipple says this is all because of oxytocin. When someone orgasms, she explains in her book, “the hormone oxytocin is released from nerve cells in the hypothalamus (a region of the brain) into the bloodstream.”
“Orgasm relives tension as oxytocin stimulates feeling of warmth and relaxation” Ellison herself wrote in an informational report compiled by Planned Parenthood.
Additionally, research gathered in a study by scientist at Groningen University in the Netherlands found that when women experience an orgasm, the amygdala, the part of the brain associated with fear and anxiety, shows little to no activity.
Today medical science has validated the many benefits of an active sex life.
- It can improve circulation
- Strengthen the heart and lungs
- Reduce stress and tension
- Boost the the immune system
- Release endorphin’s that generate feelings of well being
- Increase testosterone levels
- Stabilize irregular menstrual periods
- Reduce frequency and intensity of hot flashes during menopause
- Help maintain estrogen levels in women which correlates with cardiovascular fitness
- Reduce risk of osteoporosis
- Neurotransmitters production is increases. Neurotransmitters carry messages between the brain and nervous system, helping your body work and feel better.
So lets get busy bettering our health by having more orgasms.