Now is the time to masturbate.
Not that you have to tell me twice. On March 21, the NYC Health Department released a guide to practicing safe sex amid the pandemic. Number 1 on their list “Masturbate.” You are your most reliable partner. Masturbation is our goal, so let us review some um best practices. Although, if you have a technique that works for you, stick to it and maybe add or at least try some of the others listed here.
“Masturbation will not spread COVID-19, especially if you wash your hands (and any sex toys) with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after sex,” the statement reads.
Need more reasons to masturbate?
* Masturbation can be a way of relieving coronavirus anxiety,
*We have to keep having sex to stay sexually healthy. (Sex with yourself counts)
*Risk of depression can be reduced. People who enjoy one to three orgasms per week reduce their risk of mild-to-moderate depression by 30%.
*Your immune system will get a boost. People who enjoy one to three orgasms per week have a reduced incidence of colds and other viruses.
*Your risk of heart disease will be decreased. Studies found that the risk of heart disease can be reduced by as much as 36% with at least one orgasm a week.
*Orgasms help you get a better night’s sleep.
*ORGASMS FEEL GOOD!
Masturbation For All Incomes!
For those that say “what the F***k, I am not working right now, spending the money I have on feeding my kids. I get it. Try this!
Let’s start with my favorite:
The waterfall: what will you need? A bathtub, water, and a bit of flexibility. Turn the water on and get it to a temperature and pressure that works for you. Lay on your back and spread your legs under the faucet. You may need a little flexibility to adjust water pressure and temperature, but I guarantee once you have strength and temperature right, well, let us say “OMG.”
Fun in the shower: Most showerheads come with a massage feature. In this position, the water comes out in an intense squirt. Aim the shower head on your clitoris and enjoy it. Do not spray the water directly into your vagina; this can cause infections.
“Making sex toys part of a regular health practice helps the blood circulate to the genitals and helps sexual thoughts circulate in our brains. And the right sex toy feels so good and leaves a smile on our happy, relaxed, glowing faces.” ~Joan Price
So many choices. How to choose the right toy? The following are questions recommended by Joan Pierce to help navigate you to the right vibrator for you.
How Do I Get Started With Vibrators?
Sex expert and author of Naked at our age, JoanPierce recommend answering these questions:
- How will you use your vibrator? I know, you’ll press it against your sexy bits to give you orgasms, but how and where? Do you want a vibrator that stimulates your clitoris? Goes into your vagina? Does it both at the same time? Will you use it solo or during partner sex? Do you want it to double as a back massager?
- Do you care about the appearance? Some women want a sex toy to look like a penis. Others don’t want it to look like a penis. Some want it not to look like a sex toy at all.
- How should it feel against your skin? Vibrators can be firm, flexible, cushiony, hard, soft, textured, smooth, and any other tactile quality you can imagine.
- How powerful should the vibrations be? Do you want your vibrator to be quiet and whisper-light, turbo power, earth-shaking vibration, or no vibration at all referred to as a dildo or no vibrating.
- How much does noise matter? Will you worry that your neighbors in the next apartment or a family member in the next room can hear it?
- What size is too big, too small, just right if this is a penetrating toy? Sometimes a size that would have felt perfect 30 years ago is just too girthy and uncomfortable for us now, especially if we’re not having regular penetrative sex.
- Do you have mobility restrictions or other physical issues to consider? Is wrist arthritis an issue for holding a vibrator? What position will you be in when you use it?
- What else is important to you? A decision only you can make. You may want it to be no-brainer easy to use: off, on, that’s it. Or you may relish multiple patterns, rhythms, and intensities, and not mind a bit of a learning curve. You may want the controls to be understandable by touch without your reading glasses. You may want to travel with it.
Once you’ve answered these questions, you’re ready to start narrowing your choices.
Never underestimate the power of a good orgasm, whether it’s vibrator-assisted or not. At this time in our lives, catching that evasive orgasm can be difficult. Make it more comfortable with the right tool!
One vibrator does not fit all! But you owe it to yourself to explore what works for you. When you find the right sex toy, it can change your life.
Our Best Sellers: