Does penis size matter? Having a large size penis may be nice, but it doesn’t automatically make it more likely that she’ll orgasm. On the other hand, if your penis is somewhat small, it does not mean you won’t be able to please her. Here are some tips from Dr. Joy Davidson, author of fearless sex, for those who fall a bit above or below the average. Start measuring to see where you land. You will find most men fall in the “average” category.
What is “NORMAL” or average size penis?
In the Journal of Urology study, researchers found that the average penis size was 3.5″ when flaccid and 5.1″ when erect. Average circumference is 4.8.”
“How To Measure Your Penis Size – Verywellhealth.com.” <https://www.verywellhealth.com/how-to-measure-your-penis-size-906786>.
Start by measuring the length of your penis:
- Position a ruler or measuring tape at the base of the erect penis, where it attaches to the body.
- Press into the pubic bone as far as you can, until you contact the bone. This is especially important if there’s a lot of belly fat.
- Measure from the base to the end of the tip.
- The average erect penis length is between 5.1 inches and 6.3 inches.
Measuring Penis Girth
Next, measure the girth of the penis (that is, the circumference or thickness):
- For this step, use a soft measuring tape or a piece of string. If you choose the latter, make sure it doesn’t have any stretch. A length of yarn, for example, could introduce measurement errors.
- Gently wrap the tape or string one time around the thickest part of the shaft of the erect penis.
- Note where the ends of the tape meet; that’s the number you’re looking for. If you’re using string, mark where the end of the string meets the rest of it, then stretch out the string and use a ruler to measure the distance from the mark to the end.
- The average penis girth ranges from 4.5 inches to 5.1 inches.
Measuring Penis Width
Some condoms are sized according to width or diameter. To get this measurement, first find the girth, using the method described above and divide by 3.14.
The average width of a penis is 1.4 inches to 1.6 inches.
What to do if you’re smaller than average!
According to Dr. Joy Davidson, author of Fearless Sex, there are benefits to have a smaller than average penis. Dr. Davidson points out that “A smaller penis tends to fit nicely against many women’s G-Spot, whereas larger guys may miss it completely.”The perfect position for men that are smaller is doggie style.
If you are larger than average
A woman’s vagina is made to stretch and accommodate most size penis. According to Dr. Davidson, unless you measure upward of 12 or 13 inches, having a bigger penis should not be a problem. However, lube is a must. Positions are essential when dealing with a large penis. You may want to avoid positions that allow you to get deep. The good idea is to let her get on top of you so that she has control of how deep you go. Also, have sex with her as much as possible. “Think of sex as a workout for her vaginal muscles,” says Davidson. “The more she does it, the better they become at stretching.”